Daily Laminate Care
For homeowners looking to install beautiful new laminate flooring, you're in luck because laminate is a low-maintenance flooring option. Simply by remaining diligent with your sweeping and cleaning up messes and spills in a timely manner, you can help to guarantee that your laminate flooring withstands the test of time.
The most simple way to maintain your laminate floors is to invest in a high-quality broom and put it to use on a daily, or semi-regular basis. More on that later.
For more specific laminate maintenance tips and tricks, consult our bulleted list below.
Basic Laminate Maintenance & Stain Guide
- Place doormats or walk-off mats at each entryway to collect excessive moisture and dirt
- Sweep, dust-mop, or vacuum (without a beater bar) your floor to remove loose dirt and grit
- Periodically use a damp mop to restore your floor's shine
- Purchase a laminate cleaner specifically made by the manufacturer for your particular floor
- After damp mopping, use a clean, dry cloth to soak up excess moisture
- Use floor protectors on the bottom of your furniture and when moving furniture, lift rather than drag it across your floor
- Never use abrasive cleaners, steel wool, or scouring powder
- Never use soap-based detergents or “mop and shine” products
- Never flood your laminate floor with water or cleaners
- Never attempt to sand or refinish your laminate floor