Carpet Vs. Hardwood Flooring
Carpet Vs. Hardwood Flooring: What's Right For You?
Are you choosing between carpets or hardwood floors for your home or business? If so, let the friendly team at A.J. Rose Carpets & Flooring help guide you to the right decision. Though each is an excellent flooring option in its own right, carpets and hardwood floors are very distinct solutions that are installed differently, require different levels of maintenance and have their own strengths and weaknesses. Fortunately, at our flooring stores in Natick, Saugus and Burlington, MA, we have the expertise needed to explain the differences to you and help you map out what's best for your home or office.
Consider some of the basic strengths carpeting and hardwood have to offer:
- Carpets can serve as an insulator for your home, providing warmth in cold seasons: a big plus in the Greater Boston area and all throughout New England.
- Carpeting often proves to be more comfortable to stand on than hardwood floors, making it a good choice for rooms and business areas where people are on their feet for most of the day.
- If you slip or fall, carpeting often provides a gentler landing spot than hardwood floors.
- Carpets help with noise pollution and can make your home or business a quieter place.
- Hardwood floors don't collect as much dust or allergens as many carpets, making them the smart choice for homes for those who suffer from allergies.
- It's often easier to repair damaged wood than it is damaged carpeting. Hardwood can be sanded and refinished, rather than totally replaced.
- Hardwood floors are generally easy to clean and maintain, as you can sweep up dirt and dust and wood is more resistant to liquid stains.
- Hardwood floors add an air of elegance to any room they adorn!
Schedule an appointment at the A.J. Rose store closest to you soon, and let us walk you through which flooring option is right for you!